-->

Friday, March 23, 2012

nineteen weeks.


Nineteen weeks pregnant. Nearly halfway there. Come to think of it, I could be less than halfway there if I have this kid a little early. And when I think of it, it kinda freaks me out.

The big news this week is that the teeny, fluttering baby kids have suddenly felt stronger and much more frequent. I can feel them without focusing. If I put my hand on my belly, I can feel them from the outside. They can catch me by surprise. My husband has tried to feel them a few times but oddly baby doesn't kick yet when someone's hand, even his own dad's, is on my belly. Maybe soon. My friend Kathleen suggested it could just be performance anxiety.

The other new thing this week: projectile vomiting. I've been a bit gaggy here & there after the overall intense nausea and vomiting ended around week 12, but this was not like it was before. I don't know if anyone else during their pregnancy has ever experienced the weekly headaches I have been getting since I started my second trimester, but the onset of a headache often means nausea. This week, it's meant pure and simple puking. And like those baby kicks, it also has taken me by surprise. I guess that is what parenthood is all about: surprises!

3 comments:

  1. I got headaches that started in my second trimester and they were allergies. I never had them(allergies) before but I would always throw up to. Good news is it goes away once the baby is born. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic! You're adorable. Especially since I can tell that you're laughing and not about to projectile vomit on the camera ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to almost halfway there! I'm sorry that your headaches have been bad and that you've been throwing up so much!

    Don't worry, it'll get better! And soon those baby kicks will be so strong, it'll feel like he's doing somersaults in there!

    What really used to freak me out was when I could feel the baby's body parts slide across my stomach. It is a totally weird feeling!

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete