-->

Friday, April 6, 2012

twentyone weeks.


Happy 21 weeks Baby Elliott!

Baby is starting to get big. BIG. My phone app said he's reached 10 & 1/2 inches by this week. Whatever clothes I thought might fit me through my pregnancy are starting to fail me. Aside from the two pairs of jeans I've already purchased and the two tops given to me, I haven't bought much of anything. This JCrew dress is not maternity but should, fingers crossed, be comfortable through the near-end, and comfy after birth too (ohhh, summer baby, here we go!). I think it could be fitting to use this dress as a template to make other strapless maxi dresses with some elastic in the top and a little matching tie-belt. Maybe? And some wrap skirts. Lord, help me.

I forgot to mention something about my 21-week ultrasound on Wednesday. As exciting and beautiful as the experience was, it was also a bit painful. Why? They make you go in with a full bladder. According to the ultrasound technician, sound travels quicker through fluid and makes for a clearer image. When I made the appointment they sent me home with instructions to drink two bottles of water by noon. My appointment was at 1 p.m. By 12:15 I was already desperate. I took a quick, necessary leak before arriving at my appointment early, and the begged the receptionist to take me as quickly as possible. There was no way I would make it to one 'o' clock and through the appointment with them pressing on my belly with that scanny-thing without wetting my pants. Fortunately they did take me early, and I promptly asked them to let me pee once they got all the images they needed for my doctor to review before they would let my husband in. They warned that the image may not be as clear for my husband to see, but my that point my back was aching so I told them I just didn't love my husband that much at that particular moment.

Beware the 21-week fetal anatomy ultrasound, mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment