-->

Saturday, May 19, 2012

26 (and a week behind.)

I officially entered my 27 week on Thursday, (i.e. the official start of the third trimester). A big deal. The home stretch! But I don't have a 27 week photo yet. Nope. I am dragging my feet here. So how about a photo from week 26?


This was actually taken on Mother's day, so I am more like 26 & 1/2. Close enough. Maybe I will take a photo tomorrow (maybe) so we have a week to week comparison.

I hate to bemoan the issue of weight. I am pregnant, I will gain weight, and I am growing a human inside me so it's only natural that my body will expand. But man! It has started to feel hard to look at photos of myself and to look at myself in the mirror. My thighs are starting to rub together when I walk. Ugh. Not a feeling I am used to. I think the struggle with pregnancy weight gain is completely normal, and I know that I don't look to others as I do to myself, but it's been something I've been dealing with lately. I couldn't really even tell you how much I've gained since I am not really sure how much I weighed before I started. My guess is it's been between 25 & 30 pounds so far. And lordy, lordy, I still have three months to go... I am not an exerciser by nature so losing this baby weight I suspect will be an even larger struggle. I will have to actually push myself. Wish me luck on that.

Enough moaning. It's Saturday! My husband is heading off to camp one night at the Joshua Tree Music Festival in a few hours, so I'll have the house to myself for a little over 24 hours. I kinda want hibernate and stay home, work on some painting and gardening and indulge in some chick flick-watching. We'll see how that goes. Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! I know that the weight gain can get you down, but it'll all be worth it in the end! Hang in there, you've only got one trimester to go!

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've put on about the same amount of weight so far... and I look at myself and think OMG I'm huge! But I look at you and think OMG she's still so little and cute! So yeah, the self-image struggle is normal, but rest assured... you've still got it goin' on! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete