-->

Saturday, June 9, 2012

the bump.

about 28 weeks here?
It's been a few weeks since I've taken a baby bump photo, and here I am at 30 weeks. Let's just say this: I have started to feel really unattractive. People (neighbors, coworkers, extended family) have been telling me a look great for being pregnant. I am not sure what that means. I looking pretty good considering? Or that I look hot while giving the miracle of life? Either way, I am not feeling it. Wearing the same rotation of 5 outfits is starting to get old, and stuff I thought would take me all the way through pregnancy is getting harder & harder to squeeze into as time goes on.

The good stuff: I am feeling pretty good! I wouldn't say that I have hated being pregnant, but it's not my favorite thing in thew world. I anticipate I may miss pregnancy a little when it's over. It seems like this first pregnancy is a bit more of a special thing than subsequent pregnancies will be. We're in a transition period here. We're kind of like parents, but not totally yet. We love our baby boy, but we haven't met him yet. He's with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but I don't know what he looks like. We are both dreading and looking forward to his birth, and the big changes he'll bring to our household.

In any case, I feel like we are finally starting to get ready. We've decided on our middle name, we have started painting his nursery, I have begun a rough draft of my baby registry, and we're even getting Elliott's little collection of vintage goodies underway. It will be an interesting 10 (or so} weeks coming up.

And, congratulate my friend Kathleen today! She's 33 weeks pregnant herself, and she's having a baby shower today! I can't wait go to this afternoon (and eat lots of cake!)!

2 comments:

  1. it means you look good, i think. if i lived by you, i would take you shopping. sounds like you need a pick me up trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you have an adorable little baby bump! Makes me miss being pregnant

    ReplyDelete