hello baby!

1 day old

Elliott Wilde Jordan is here!

Born on August 12, 2012 at 11:44 pm, baby boy duped my original thoughts that he would come a little late and instead came 5 days early. I'll be sharing more information about baby & the delivery soon, but here's a quick little summary:

Elliott was 6 pounds 6 oz, & 18 & 1/2 inches long.
Giving birth is the hardest thing I have ever done and I still feel like I've been run over by a truck after 3 days.
He's very much worth it.
They don't tell you how hard it is to pee in the first 24 hours after giving birth.
They were right about how hard it is to breastfeed. We're still working on that.
Hospital births get a bad rap for a reason. My experience wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, and not in the ways I would have expected.

Happy Wednesday, Friends! (Er, is it Wednesday...? All these days have been running together...)

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So so so cute you brave lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Early! I called it! Sunday's the best day of the week to be born anyway :-) He and Amaliya already have something in common!

    2. YES, peeing afterwards is not as natural as you'd think it would be. But wait a week or so until you feel better and can appreciate having the full capacity of your bladder back. It's AWESOME.

    3. No joke about the days running together. The first week or so seemed like one endless day to me, I barely remember most of it. So take lots of pictures :)

    4. Congratulations and KICK ASS job on bringing such a beautiful little life into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!!! congratulations!! :) Elliott is just so sweet and beautiful and peaceful in your photo! What a life changing experience to give birth and become a mom! I am so happy for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment