things to tell.

I have so much to tell about what has happened in this last week, but I just don't have the energy or head space right now to go into detail.

Our little Elliott has been diagnosed with a congenital heart defect called truncus ateriosis. I took him into the doctor on Tuesday for a cold, as he clearly was not feeling well, and it escalated into a ride in an ambulance and a long stay at the children's hospital. Currently Elliott is on a ventilator to help him breathe while recovering from the cold that has been exacerbated by this defect. The doctors are hopeful that Elliott will be feeling better very soon, and will take him off the ventilator to send him home before surgery. Before sending him home they'll perform a cardiac catheterization to map out the vessels in his heart a little better.

They also performed an MRI and an MRS due to concerns about brain damage. I am still unclear about where these concerns are coming from, something about oxygen possibly not circulating to the brain properly. The MRI came back normal, but the MRS results will not be in for a few days. The MRS should give us a true picture of whether or not he has incurred any brain injury. We are feeling hopeful they will find nothing of concern. One of Elliott's doctor's who saw him at 3 weeks old and 7 weeks old told me encouragingly over the phone yesterday that he felt Elliott was neurologically strong and healthy, so I am finding much of comfort in that.

This space will be quiet for a while, but I'll post updates as I can. Thank you for keeping Elliott in your thoughts and prayers, friends!

**UPDATE**
We got the MRI & MRS results back a little early. They were conclusively normal. No brain injuries. We are relieved!

Comments

  1. Charlotte, I think about you guys every day. Soon Elliott will be healthy and back at home again and you and Taylor will be stress free. My heart is with you guys and send a big hug and kiss to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hugged you via my laptop. Did you get it? Love you and Elliott and I'm praying for you both!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment