-->

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

baby style.

Yep. A little break today from the kind of post my husband calls "frilly." No post about me being in touch with my emotional side or trying to be strong through heartache or challenges, blah blah blah. Yes, these kinds of posts are a staple on my blog, but today, something frivolous is in store. Yes, we have a post about baby style. And yes, it's because I can't not take a photo of Elliott in every single adorable outfit I dress him in. He's only this small once.


 When we found out we were having a boy, I was only slightly devastated that I couldn't dress up my boy in cutesy Misha Lulu-esque clothes. I had found baby boy clothing to be a bit on the blah side, centering on monkey (blah) and sports-themed (double blah) motifs. And lots and lots of blue. I like blue as much as the next person, but I did not need to dress my kiddo pie in just blue. I even lamented about it in a post here.

I have long since gotten over the shock and found lots of cute little things for Elliott to wear. The problem now: he's still so small. He was discharged from the hospital at 8 pounds 3 ounces, down from his pre-op weight at 9 pounds 1 ounce. I know now that his heart is is working order (and we are adding formula to my breast milk to add calories) he should start fattening up into a cute little chubby babe, but man! These newborn-sized clothes still look so big! I guess this means we'll be wearing newborn sizes for at least another month or two. Which is great, because boy, mama & papa went on a major shopping spree while Elliott was in the hospital. Who can resist buying baby clothes?



Outfit creds:
Onesie and jeggings: Target
Boots: Robeez
Feeding tube: Courtesy of the Children's Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment