'round here.


  • I found my sketchbook last week for the 2013 Sketchbook project whilst sorting through the massive piles of bills and mail that's accumulated on our desk over the last two months. It's due back by January 15, 2013. I forgot all about it, but now I totally have a concept for it if I can make the time. Who thinks I can do it?
  •  Also, I started a Tumblr account. I think it would be a fun place to share the billions of photos I have been taking with my camera. I have been really enjoying Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 too, so I think I'll be merging my love for this program with my Tumblr blog.
  • I have spilled the fruits of my labor, expressed breast milk, twice this week. Most recently on my mother. I remember my friend/stylist telling me once that whoever said there is no use crying over spilled milk must not have been a breastfeeding mom.
  • We haven't done any holiday shopping. None. The exception would be that I special-ordered two gifts for two family members, but that is it. I have no idea when we'll begin shopping...Christmas Eve, maybe?
  • On that note, we are just getting around to making our Christmas cards too. I think this is okay, if we can get them out this week. We have only gotten four cards in the mail so far, so either everyone is extremely late on their cards or people aren't sending them this year. I am convinced though in light of everything we've been through we have to send out cards with a family photo!
  • I have been doing a lot of blogging/Facebooking/household-chore-ing with one hand. As I write this post Elliott sleeps in my one arm, propped up on my lap. If I put him down, he'll cry. Yet, I hold him, and he sleeps. We have been doing this all week. My back hurts. He's also spent much time in the BabyHawk as well, so I can use two hands!
  • A few weeks ago we got our carpet cleaned professionally. Since, it has been raining off and on. Our animals have been tracking in mud and doing their business indoors when they feel it's too wet or cold to do it outdoors. Never get your carpet cleaned in the winter. That's my two-cents about that.
  • Elliott's little head is getting very flat. He had a little flat spot pre-hospital, but it's gotten much worse since he's spent a collective five weeks in a hospital bed. I am nervous that in a few months it will not start round out and that they are going to recommend a helmet! 
Happy Wednesday, friends!

    Comments