hello, 2013.

My year started on a crowded dance floor, dressed in the most sparkly dress in the room, my husband's arms wrapped tightly around me, clumsily trying not to spill my glass of champagne. As the countdown progressed, "FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO....," I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. 2012 is done. It was a bittersweet goodbye. The entire year flashed before me in a matter of New Year's style countdown- seconds and before I knew it the year was over. I kissed my husband on the dance floor, surrounded by many other couples that were likewise embracing. But our New Year's kiss was different. This time, I kissed my husband ten times longer than kisses in New Year's past. 2012 was gone, and she deserved to go out with a bang.


Today, my sweet husband and little boy nap on the couch together. My legs are tired from dancing, the rest of me is tired from getting very little sleep. (No, baby did not seem to care that I had stayed up 5 hours past my bedtime.) Leftover tamales and espresso for lunch. The house is messy. The Rose Parade is playing on the television but none of us are paying attention. Instead, I am looking at photos from the night before. The moment we danced and blew on noise makers. The moment he held me in his arms as we bid farewell to the year behind us and welcomed the year ahead of us.

At 7 am on New Year's Day, comforting a sad-sack baby in my Mickey Mouse pajamas. This is what 3 hours of sleep looks like, friends.


 Hello 2013! I hope you will be as good to us as your predecessor was. You have very large shoes to fill.

Comments

  1. You look GORGEOUS! I know 2012 was a crazy year for you so partying all night was well deserved. Lol.

    Wishing you all the best in 2013!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so beautifully, and that sounds like one hell of a kiss haha. Both of these pictures are wonderful too. Happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your writing! Lovely blog! Thank you for the follow, it's my absolute pleasure to return the favour! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment