'round here.


'Round here I am sorry to say I haven't had much time to myself, much less time to shower and eat. Waking hours, when they are not working hours, are meant playing bounce bounce bounce with a tiny giggling baby and not much else. Sleep is squeezed in when there's time.

'Round here we are waking at 6 a.m. to see all kinds of sunsets, be them cloudy or clear. And each day they are different. And each different day in it's own different way starts with a smile, a cup of coffee, and a beautiful view out the kitchen window.

'Round here we are going through coffee by the bucketfuls.I don't think I have ever drank so much coffee in a day in my entire life.

'Round here I am jotting down lots of notes in the baby book that I can't wait to share on here in a couple of weeks for baby's 6 month update!

'Round here I have been inspired by my sales in my shop to start creating again! My fingers are itching with ideas and I have been longing to dig through our messy guestroom closet to re-organize my art supplies. And yet, time does not often permit this.

'Round here I have been staulking grocery store aisles with my Baby Bullet cookbook in hand getting excited about making baby food purees. The first attempt at rice cereal by the spoon was a bit of a flop, but I am sure we'll be gobbling down peas and sweet potatoes very soon.

'Round here I have been working on this post for three days. Three days, I tell you! How I have longed for more time to write, with blog post ideas spinning around in my head constantly. And yet, here I am trying to finish up this post on Friday with a baby in my lap so I can post again tomorrow, thus meeting my post-three-times-a-week goal. Let's hope I can make it tomorrow.

Wait. Elliott has something to add:


                        fjvjv      vvvvvvvv  kj          l                                                        0

Comments

  1. Uh, I feel you on the coffee situation. I've never in my life been so caffeinated. I'd say I need to cut back, but honestly, it doesn't feel optional right now.

    Amaliya hated rice cereal on the spoon too! It made me think that she wasn't ready for solids at all, since she refused to open her mouth and just spit it out if any landed on her tongue. But then we tried pureed peas, and she LOVED them! The first time she didn't really "get" it, but the next day she was opening her mouth really wide when she saw the spoon and slurping them down. We've tried her on peas, carrots, and avocado so far, and she loves them all. My conclusion: rice cereal is nasty. Babies have discriminating palates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment