-->

Sunday, January 12, 2014

making it count.




2014 is the year I will make it count.

I've thought about going over my goals from last year in a new post and making a short set of new ones, but a good part of me knows that goals made now may not be relevant as the year rolls on. And really, I didn't reach any of the personal goals I blogged about anyway. Our family goals, however, were three quarters met and that is pretty good considering all that the year surprised us with.

This year, rather than setting my sights on specific blogging or artistic goals, I just want to set a single goal for 2014. I've seen other bloggers choosing a word for the year ahead and I think it's a great place to start. I am not going to dwell on how many times I'd like to blog per week or how many pregnancy pounds I am going to shed. Simply, I am going to make 2014 count.

Awareness.

This year, I'd like to focus on awareness.

Awareness of how I use my time. I need to unplug from my phone and soak up my kids, my husband, the good things in life.

Awareness of my finances. I've written a few finance posts in working with Genworth last year and in spite of the things I've learned I hadn't made any strides in this area. This year, I will be better.

Awareness of my relationships. I have far more beautiful people in my life that love me than I deserve. I cannot take these relationships for granted.

Awareness for Congenital Heart Defects. Before Elliott I had never quite found a "cause" that meant anything to me. Now I do. Many of my personal creative projects I have planned center around CHD awareness. This year, my creative efforts are really going to count for something; something much, much bigger than myself.

Beyond that, I don't have any idea what 2014 has in store (I am simply hoping for no surprise pregnancies). And really, what's around the bend isn't important. What matters is my outlook, my attitude, my willingness to accept the path I am on. I will not meander blindly through life, I will live it with purpose, with love, with awareness. I will make this life I live count.

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful goal Charlotte, just living in purpose... making it count... Great post !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awareness is a awesome word! I wish you all the best for the new year :)

    http://specklesthings.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete