have heart.


All in all, I have to remember, I have to realize... that I have a voice. I have a heart.

I won't lie or sugarcoat it. Life is not the easiest right now. My weekday hours are set in stone and I feel like most of the time I've become a robot on autopilot. Work. Dinner. Prep for next day. Bed. Repeat.

So, friends. That is why it has been so stagnant here. I know I am not leaving a big, gaping hole in the blogging universe when I skip out for a month, but I am perhaps leaving a big gaping hole in my heart. Slaving myself to a schedule and not ever breaking away from it in order to pour my soul out through a platform other than the nightly scrubbing of bottles and pumping supplies is just... wrong. I have a voice, I have a heart. I am much more than a robot.

The dark circles under my eyes are telling me it's past my bed time. I'll leave it at that. Until next time...

But I'll leave with a little 'round here post for old time's sake.

'Round here the flu season has been eating out family alive. Yeah, there. I said it. It has been tough on Elliott, who has been to the ER and admitted to the hospital far too many times since 2014 began. I am hoping we can put it all behind us, but we are staring at another illness in the face this week and I won't lie when I say the stress of it is defeating me.

No gardening this year. I can't do it. I have two babies in the house and I just can't leave the little seedling babies outside without water all summer. A mama would never do that.

My artwork finds it way out of my fingertips every now and then. I am especially proud of the hand painted heart pillow I made last month. I even sold one on Instagram!

'Round here baby Penelope is 6 months old. WTF. I have no idea how that happened, but she's really taking to solid foods, is sitting up, rolling over, charming the pants off everyone she meets, and becoming such a special little girl. Just one year ago I was shaking in my boots over the idea of having another so soon, but oh! Life is not life without Penelope.

How was your March? What did I miss?

Comments

  1. I'm so happy to see a post! :) Give yourself a little grace right now. Some periods in life are all about moving forward, taking risks, trying to have it all.... and some are about just getting by from day to day, keeping everyone alive, and finding happiness in the little moments. This will NOT last forever. You will garden again someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment