penelope's sweet as pie party.


I am going to give myself a pat on the back for taking a lot more photos of Penelope's party than I did of Elliott's. While I didn't get the Pinterest-worthy set up of the dessert table, I was thrilled with our Sunday evening dinner party. Crockpot chili & barbequed grilled cheese sandwiches, pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and pie, pie, pie! We had a cherry pie, an apple pie, and a pumpkin pie in fact, and there were no leftovers. I tackled my second-ever attempt at an apple pie very late Saturday night and had my mom & sister help with the decorations. I wanted to go simple, but when it came right down to it there was a need for a little gold glitter. So I went with it. Please ignore my dead grass and Penelope's filthy moccasins. Ha!

Happy Birthday again my sweet girl. I hope you enjoyed your party as much as I did planning it for you!

Comments

  1. It looks like such a lovely birthday party for sweet P... the weather turned out so beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Launna! Yes, the weather was actually lovely! I was worried it would be too hot here in So Cal!

      Delete
  2. It was really very cute Charlotte. The gold glitter, the dessert buffet, Sweet P's head poof. Sorry again we had to leave way to early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the decorations!! And her cute little outfit :) Happy birthday to Penelope!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment