-->

Monday, October 20, 2014

weekend bits.


1. Crayons alongside rice, lentils, and oats. Makes total sense, right? // 2. His good eye has become his bad eye and his bad eye, his good. Sigh. // 3. Pumpkins from the patch. // 4. I still need to take down the birthday party decorations. // 5. Leftovers for lunch. // 6. Munching on apple slices while mama makes pie! // 7. Taking a leap! // 8. She's perfected the art.  // 9. Found this guy getting comfy on our fireplace screen. Ack! He put up a fight too when I captured him in a Tupperware container and freed him outside. // 10. What playtime really looks like.

Another quiet weekend at home. I am finding that it is much easier to remember to document these kinds of days over the hustle and bustle of a busier weekend. Laundry, vacuuming, pie baking. We stay in our PJ's and let the sunshine stream in. I stand by my word, these are the best kinds of weekends!

My plan for the weekend was to start making the kids' Halloween costumes but I didn't get around to it. I washed another 7 loads of laundry and managed to make a big batch of pumpkin tortilla soup. Taylor worked in his studio a bit for some freelance gigs and the kids did what they do best! Be cute, fight over toys, and have a fun time playing, exploring, & making messes with little care. I wish I could keep them this tiny forever. In spite of the fact that having two toddlers seems more challenging than ever (seriously, one newborn and one toddler was WAY easier), they are just so precious and magical at this age. Slow down little babes!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I had a busy Saturday but Sunday sounded just like your day and it was wonderful... you are so right Charlotte... our children grow up much too fast ... I can't believe how fast she has grown... definitely enjoy those younger years :)

    ReplyDelete