the best, biggest, fattest, chewiest chocolate chip cookie.


I've tried countless chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years, but this is the one I've always come back to. The others...they were always just okay in comparison. Too chewy, not chewy enough, too...baking soda-y. You get the idea. We all love a good, giant chocolate chip cookie and while the make-up of the treat seems simple enough, it's best not to undercut your options. Often times the urge for a cookie hits, after the kids have gone to bed, while my husband and I are catching up on New Girl or something. If I am being lazy I'll pull some Pillsbury dough out of the fridge and just bake that. A few times I have bought an off-brand premade dough only to find out that that was a big mistake. A bad cookie can ruin your evening. Yes. We take our cookies very seriously in this house.

If I am being smart though, I make this recipe.This cookie recipe never disappoints. You heard me: it never freaking disappoints. These babies are nearly as big as your head; with an ice cold glass of milk, they're the perfect end to a rainy day or a long, cold evening delivering presents around the world. People, do Santa a favor: this is the cookie he's hoping to find when he slides down your chimney to deliver your shiny new toys. Please don't disappoint Santa.

I'll be honest, this isn't my recipe. I found it on the internet years ago and I don't remember where it came from now. But to the author of this recipe, whoever you are, thank you. This cookie has become a classic in this home, and I cannot wait to make it with the help of my two kids some day.

The biggest, fattest, chewiest chocolate chip cookie!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips*

To make:
Sift together flour, baking soda, & salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter & both sugars. Beat in vanilla, egg & egg yolk until creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough 1 hour.**

Preheat oven to 325 & line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to drop cookies onto your baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Bake 15-17 minutes, until just slightly undercooked. Take sheets out of oven and let cookies sit for 15 minutes or more to complete baking. Transfer to wire racks until they are cool enough to eat. Don't wait too long... there's nothing better than fresh cookies straight out of the oven!

*I used less chips in the batch in these photos, only because I didn't have enough. This recipe really loads up the chips and I don't recommend skimping if you can help it!

**Sometimes if I am lazy I skip this step. It doesn't make too much of a difference, but it seems to result in a slightly crunchier cookie. If crunchy is your thing, skip this step.


Comments

  1. These look absolutely delicious, and now I want a cookie. Shame it's past midnight here, not the best time to start baking...

    Charlotte xx
    Charlotte's Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious Charlotte... I use a recipe that a friend gave me about 20 years ago, they have always been a no fail recipe for me... :) It is good to have a go to recipe of a meal or dessert that is easy to make and you know will succeed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment